COMIC STORY ARC

A INQUISITIVE REVIEW ON: COMIC BOOKS*GRAPHIC NOVELS *ALSO AN OCCASIONAL COMMMENTARY ON THE MEDIUM OF COMICS.

Name:
Location: washington, D.C., United States

I am a comic reviewer for www.comiccritique.com. I enjoy reading mainstream and independent comics. I have interviewed various artists, and writers in the comic community. such as Joe Kubert, Frank Beddor, and Nate Barlow, and others to come. I have been a comic collector for over thirty years. I still have the same excitement today when I read my first comic title. I hope to present the same vigor to the readers of this blog. JD

Sunday, May 28, 2006


X-statix presents DeadGirl #1-5

Publisher: Marvel
Writer: Peter Milligan
Artists: Nick Dragotta-Mike Allred
Colorist: Laura Allred

This phenomenal mini-series meets a dead end! This mini-series written by Peter Milligan is Great and whimsical with some very funny issues involving dead heroes and villains. The dialogue is fantastic! The cameo stars from the netherworld battle his or her own hell trying to help Dr. Strange in defeating a villain named “The Pitiful One.” From the very first issue threw issue number five the artistry and the exceptional talents of Nick Dragotta and Mike Allred draw the reader’s attention visually into this epic featuring character trapped in Hell.

I recommend this great series highly for the quirky and funny dialogue with a supernatural spin. In addition, fans see a reunion involving members of the now defunct X-statix team, and some of Marvel’s characters from the past that have met their end. This title is one of my picks for comic mini-series of the year!

I give this mini-series an Inquisitive rating of five.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

>