COMIC STORY ARC

A INQUISITIVE REVIEW ON: COMIC BOOKS*GRAPHIC NOVELS *ALSO AN OCCASIONAL COMMMENTARY ON THE MEDIUM OF COMICS.

Name:
Location: washington, D.C., United States

I am a comic reviewer for www.comiccritique.com. I enjoy reading mainstream and independent comics. I have interviewed various artists, and writers in the comic community. such as Joe Kubert, Frank Beddor, and Nate Barlow, and others to come. I have been a comic collector for over thirty years. I still have the same excitement today when I read my first comic title. I hope to present the same vigor to the readers of this blog. JD

Saturday, May 20, 2006


All-Star Batman & Robin the Boy Wonder #4

Writer: Frank Miller
Artist: Jim Lee
Inker: Scott Williams
Publisher: DC

As readers know, Frank Miller’s writing style is dark but poignant. Miller wrote such titles as Robocop, Sin City, and of course, The Dark Knight graphic novels. When Miller wrote The Dark Knight stories, he depicted Batman as a menacing enforcer of justice. The Dark Knight persona from his graphic novels moves fluidly into this title. He depicted Batman what he really is and what he has become after witnessing the murder of his parents: a grieving maniac destined to fight crime and injustice in Gotham City. So now after Dick Grayson witnesses the death of his parents Batman takes him under his wing. (Ok I know a bat has a wing) Believe me readers once Dick Grayson figures out Batman is not as crazy as he really is, Robin the boy Wonder will be just as messed up as Batman himself.

Issue number four storyline continues after the events in issue number three. No, I am not going to retrace what happened in issue number three. I will tell you that Black Canary guest starred in that issue. This story centers on young Dick Grayson’s first night in the bat cave. I implore readers to check out this issue. Jim Lee’s penciling of the bat cave will leave you awe struck. The panels of the bat cave will make you believe this legendary place does exist. Batman should really consider renting out the Bat Cave for special events. That is all I can say on that matter. The Inking by Scott Williams is great! The coloring by Alex Sinclair is amazing which fills the panels with ambiance and depth. The title started with a lot of buzz around the world of comics, rather the title lost a little steam but know readers are catching on to this to this remarkable title. Time will tell.

I give this title and Inquisitive rating of five.

An Inquisitive Question by The Inquisitive critiquer.

I was wondering with all the little fury flying rodents in the Bat Cave How does Batman keep the Bat mobile clean of bat poop?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

>