COMIC STORY ARC

A INQUISITIVE REVIEW ON: COMIC BOOKS*GRAPHIC NOVELS *ALSO AN OCCASIONAL COMMMENTARY ON THE MEDIUM OF COMICS.

Name:
Location: washington, D.C., United States

I am a comic reviewer for www.comiccritique.com. I enjoy reading mainstream and independent comics. I have interviewed various artists, and writers in the comic community. such as Joe Kubert, Frank Beddor, and Nate Barlow, and others to come. I have been a comic collector for over thirty years. I still have the same excitement today when I read my first comic title. I hope to present the same vigor to the readers of this blog. JD

Sunday, May 28, 2006


Grounded #1-6

Publisher: Image
Writer/Creator: Mark Sable
Artist: Paul Azaceta
Colorist: Nick Filardi

When I was a young kid, I was always dreaming of how it would be nice to forget about my childhood problems. As a young male, I was sort of out of the norm among my peers.
I was a bookworm, nerd what have you! While other kids played out doors, I stayed put with my trusted friends. My heroes from the comic books. I could always count on these characters not to tease me, give a message of hope, and rile my imagination.

Mark sable writes a story of unique adolescence life featuring the courage of young Jonathan who lives in the real world. Jonathan learned the real world might also include the surreal world of comics. This young lad loved the characters in the comic named The Pantheon. He so loved them that in time he would pretend to role-play as some of his own imaginary heroes. Until he discovered that, his father was a super hero. As he had suspicions about his father one day he decided to jump out the window to play his fathers bluff. However, unfortunately disaster happened. His father could do nothing but to watch his son fly out the window to the street below.

Jonathan attends a high school where other teens have super powers and the teachers who are all former villains had sinister plans to take the kids powers away from them. Old wounds where re-opened by nemesis of the past, and the courage of Jonathan emerges in this great mini-series. I loved the mini-series I was sad it had to end. The Grounded mini-series is great reading for all ages it has action and very emotional dialogue between the characters. The artist Paul Azacta pencils are darkly inked and have an unmistakable roughness to his style that makes it his own. This is one of my picks for comic book mini-series of the year!

I give mini-series and inquisitive rating of five.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

>