COMIC STORY ARC

A INQUISITIVE REVIEW ON: COMIC BOOKS*GRAPHIC NOVELS *ALSO AN OCCASIONAL COMMMENTARY ON THE MEDIUM OF COMICS.

Name:
Location: washington, D.C., United States

I am a comic reviewer for www.comiccritique.com. I enjoy reading mainstream and independent comics. I have interviewed various artists, and writers in the comic community. such as Joe Kubert, Frank Beddor, and Nate Barlow, and others to come. I have been a comic collector for over thirty years. I still have the same excitement today when I read my first comic title. I hope to present the same vigor to the readers of this blog. JD

Monday, November 12, 2018

The day I meet Stan Lee



Stan Lee a Remembrance
By John L. Daniels Jr


Today I learned that Stan "the man" Lee has passed away at the age of 95.

I am not only a comic periodical aficionado, but I loved the creators, inkers and artists of this medium. There has been no other person more recognized in this medium other than Stan Lee.

I was able to meet him at Dalton bookstore at a book signing in the early 1990's.
Mr Lee was signing the book Marvel. Mr Lee wrote the introduction to Marvel by Les Daniels.
















Now I was familiar with Mr Daniels work because he wrote other works about comic book history. I read his book Comix.




As I stood in line in the rain to meet him, I was thinking of what to say, and I hope I don't act like
a dunce and start stuttering which I did when I got excited.

When it was my turn in line, he was so delightful and just as excited as I was, like he was waiting
to meet me. I was staring at him like wow its him....he asked me how do you want me to sign the book?  I said however you want me Lee, and I also have a couple of Number one issues I would like for him to sign. He said "that's all".

Believe me there were so many fans wanting to sign so much memorabilia, so my few comic books was nothing. I told him that he was part of my life for so many years, at that moment I sang the cartoon theme song to Captain America. "When Captain America throws his mighty shield" Mr. Lee was in awe. He said "You remember that"? I said yes, you were so much of my life and childhood!
He said well God Bless you and take care...

That is why I can look back at all the Marvel comics I have read, collected and cherished with fond memories!

So Stan Lee God Bless you!

>