COMIC STORY ARC

A INQUISITIVE REVIEW ON: COMIC BOOKS*GRAPHIC NOVELS *ALSO AN OCCASIONAL COMMMENTARY ON THE MEDIUM OF COMICS.

Name:
Location: washington, D.C., United States

I am a comic reviewer for www.comiccritique.com. I enjoy reading mainstream and independent comics. I have interviewed various artists, and writers in the comic community. such as Joe Kubert, Frank Beddor, and Nate Barlow, and others to come. I have been a comic collector for over thirty years. I still have the same excitement today when I read my first comic title. I hope to present the same vigor to the readers of this blog. JD

Saturday, March 28, 2009

The Inqusitive Critiquer Returns!!



Hi Everyone,

I know it has been a while since the last review or Interview, but I am back.
Today with the economy and life challenges we all have to sit back a moment and re-evaluate our daily life. So that is why I needed this sabbatical to re-evaluate mine as well. A lot has happened in the world of comicdom and the political world. America has a new president. Therefore, to have both intertwined is where I will begin.


In this era, as a person of ethnicity I thought I would never see an ethnic president. Nor would I have imagined seeing him on the cover of a comic periodical. Two comic book publishers have done just that.


President Obama appears on the cover and in a story of Marvel Comics THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #583.


The story involves Spidey at the Inauguration of president-elect Obama.


President Obama also appears in on the cover and story of IMAGE Comics THE SAVAGE
DRAGON #145.

The story has the return of SAVAGE DRAGON and involves President Obama’s return to Chicago.



Both of issues are groundbreaking which included President Obama as a character in the story. I applaud both Image and Marvel Comics for their gracious-nous in presenting an individual to readers of comics and to the American People and the Global world.

If you read the issues: What are your thoughts on both issues? Should political figures be featured in comics? Send a comment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

>