COMIC STORY ARC

A INQUISITIVE REVIEW ON: COMIC BOOKS*GRAPHIC NOVELS *ALSO AN OCCASIONAL COMMMENTARY ON THE MEDIUM OF COMICS.

Name:
Location: washington, D.C., United States

I am a comic reviewer for www.comiccritique.com. I enjoy reading mainstream and independent comics. I have interviewed various artists, and writers in the comic community. such as Joe Kubert, Frank Beddor, and Nate Barlow, and others to come. I have been a comic collector for over thirty years. I still have the same excitement today when I read my first comic title. I hope to present the same vigor to the readers of this blog. JD

Sunday, June 13, 2010

RETURN OF THE LEGION OF SUPERHEROES!

Always a legionnaire!


It all began in the summer of 1977, I stopped in at a local 7-11 and picked a book from the rack of comic books, an issue of Superboy and the Legion of Super-Heroes #203, and the rest they say is history. I did not I realize I would begin a subscription to comics. When the issue came in the mail folded in a brown wrapper with my name on it I was excited and and in awe after opening the first page. I could never have imagined this would become one of my favorite comic periodicals.


The legion's first appearance was in Adventure comics 1958. Over the past Fifty-two years there has been many changes to the Legion of super-Heroes. Many artists, characters, and writers. None have been more associated with the legion series as writer and editor Paul Levitz.


DC comics has blasted off another run of The Legion of super-heroes - the storyline was siphoned off and build up from: The final crisis : Legionnaire of three worlds, add a pinch of Green Lantern Corps Blackest Night storyline along with Mr. Levitz's writing and you have the revitalization of The Legion of superheroes #1 vol 6 and if you include the title of R.e.b.e.l.s its vol 7.


This is a good time to be a fan of The Legion of Super-Heroes. DC comics is reissuing the first chapter of Superman and the Legion of Super Heroes from soon to be released the graphic novel. Also the Legion will be featured in Adventure Comics #12. So the characters of the legion are still captivating and interesting as today.


So do not miss out on the rebirth of The New Legion of Super-Heroes.

more updates to come....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

>