COMIC STORY ARC

A INQUISITIVE REVIEW ON: COMIC BOOKS*GRAPHIC NOVELS *ALSO AN OCCASIONAL COMMMENTARY ON THE MEDIUM OF COMICS.

Name:
Location: washington, D.C., United States

I am a comic reviewer for www.comiccritique.com. I enjoy reading mainstream and independent comics. I have interviewed various artists, and writers in the comic community. such as Joe Kubert, Frank Beddor, and Nate Barlow, and others to come. I have been a comic collector for over thirty years. I still have the same excitement today when I read my first comic title. I hope to present the same vigor to the readers of this blog. JD

Saturday, July 08, 2006

Style and Sophisticated Espionage: Casanova



Casanova#1
Publisher: Image Comics
Writer: Matt Fraction
Artist: Gabriel Ba

The Image Comics Title Casanova is an espionage farce reminiscent of James Bond moves. Casanova is a secret agent working for his father. His father is the chief of a counter terrorist organization named E.M.P.I.R.E. The organization E.M.P.I.R.E is an international task force to establish peace on earth. Empires arch nemesis Xeno is head of the terrorist organization W.A.S.T.E

This stylish story set in the early sixties is a must read for fans of the super agent genera, such as Get Smart TV series and the spoof of Austin Powers movies, the Man from U.N.C.L.E. all rolled into one. This story has all the elements of the James bond movie with a romantic sexy flair.

The artwork by Gabriel Ba is hip and exciting. Panels are monotone in color of green and white. The expression and characterizations are quirky. The visual sixties décor and use of the mod patterns of the sexy sixties is presented very well.

This title deserves an inquisitive groovy rating of four!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

>