COMIC STORY ARC

A INQUISITIVE REVIEW ON: COMIC BOOKS*GRAPHIC NOVELS *ALSO AN OCCASIONAL COMMMENTARY ON THE MEDIUM OF COMICS.

Name:
Location: washington, D.C., United States

I am a comic reviewer for www.comiccritique.com. I enjoy reading mainstream and independent comics. I have interviewed various artists, and writers in the comic community. such as Joe Kubert, Frank Beddor, and Nate Barlow, and others to come. I have been a comic collector for over thirty years. I still have the same excitement today when I read my first comic title. I hope to present the same vigor to the readers of this blog. JD

Monday, July 03, 2006

Happy Fourth of July 2006!


Captain America 65th Anniversary one-shot

Since 1944, I have donned the Red White and Blue.
By The Inquisitive Critiquer

For over 65 years, I have worn the colors of the red, white & blue. In 1944, scientists injected me with a serum that made me a super soldier. I was issued a costume to remind the axis nations where I came from. I have fought for America in World War II. I have had comrades fight along my side, The Human Torch and Namor the Sub-Mariner. My most trusted comrade was Bucky Jones.

I remember when we were on a mission with Sgt. Fury in Germany. Our mission was to stop the Red Skull from finding a secret device to conquer the allies. Fury and his howling commandos assisted us on this mission along with two resistance fighters also battling against the Nazis. In one skirmish, Bucky caught a slug; bleed pretty badly. One of our contacts was a doctor who with the help of his daughter nursed Bucky back to health. Bucky was rather smitten on her. Bucky never returned to Germany or ever saw her again. The emotional scars must have lasted with Bucky, because as he never aged; His one love aged and passed away. Bucky has been influenced by something darker. He is known as the Winter Soldier.

I myself have been through hard times and indecision. I even turned my back on America and became a Nomad. I have fought along side the Falcon and made neighborhoods safe again for families. I experienced what real terror is when it hit home on September 11th 2001. I have been awakened from suspended animation from a group of Avengers. I have also seen many Avengers die. This is the least I can do to help Bucky for he has been a friend, comrade and more like a son to me. People wonder what drives me, motivates me. Is it the colors of the United States flag; that is the red, white, and blue? For I know the colors very well, I am Captain America.

…and me? I am The Inquisitive Critiquer. Let me take you back, back to the 50th anniversary Special of Captain America issue #383. With history I will then bring you forward to the 65th anniversary special.

In the 50th anniversary issue, the story “I am a legend” written by Mike Gruenwald and artwork%2

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

>