COMIC STORY ARC

A INQUISITIVE REVIEW ON: COMIC BOOKS*GRAPHIC NOVELS *ALSO AN OCCASIONAL COMMMENTARY ON THE MEDIUM OF COMICS.

Name:
Location: washington, D.C., United States

I am a comic reviewer for www.comiccritique.com. I enjoy reading mainstream and independent comics. I have interviewed various artists, and writers in the comic community. such as Joe Kubert, Frank Beddor, and Nate Barlow, and others to come. I have been a comic collector for over thirty years. I still have the same excitement today when I read my first comic title. I hope to present the same vigor to the readers of this blog. JD

Saturday, March 03, 2007

THE RETURN OF A CLASSIC DC TITLE!



The Brave and The Bold vol2 #1
Publisher: DC Comics
Writer: Mark Waid
Artwork: George Perez, Bob Wiacek

A Gallant team returns to a classic series.
By John L. Daniels jr.


When I attended the Baltimore Comic-Con in 2005, I was in the Auditorium when Dan Dido asked this question. “How many in here by a show of hands would like to see the return of the series The Brave and The Bold, featuring different team-ups other than Batman”? I raised my hand shouted, jumped for joy, lost my breath and was giddy the rest of the day. Now 2 years later it comes to past. The Batman and The Green Lantern teams up in a Sci-Fi who Dunn it I am sure fans will enjoy.

I was a huge collector of The Bronze age Brave and The Bold drawn by The Great late JIM APARO. He was one of my favorites, he did it all, penciled, inked, lettering, and edit. The main character of the series was Batman teaming up with various people from the DC universe.

The first issue of Brave and the Bold vol 2 #1 is exciting and keeps the readers guessing. Bob Wiaeck another one of my favorites at one-time penciled and inked Superboy and the Legion of Super-heroes. George Perez’s artwork dazzles, but the crispness is lost with the inking of Wiaeck’s, but this gives a much bolder look for the series, which I think is quite nice.



Readers got a preview of Batman and Green Lantern after the Indenity Crisis storyline, which as all know went strait forward into Infinite Crisis. The issue of Green Lantern #9 was published in-between both storylines from 2006; the chemistry worked so well in that issue written by Geoff Johns, that Waid picked right up from the flow of the characters from that story.

Kudos to DC comic’s staff for the Rebirth of the Best team up comic book series in years.

Could we see the return of Tor teaming up with Kamandi hmmmm!

An Inquisitive question from the Inquisitive Critiquer.

This issue deserves and Inquisitive rating of Five….

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

>